Learn why Cat Pumps are the most
trusted pumps in the industry
Quality is evident in every design detail. Our products are designed and built to be the industry’s most dependable and longest-lasting available.
- Chrome-moly forging provides exceptional strength for high durability and long life.
- Three journals with shoulders prevent lateral drift, reducing wear throughout the pump. Superior alignment is maintained by centering on two carrier bearings.
- Bearing design and style are optimized for the power range of each pump frame size, increasing performance and reliability.
- Oversized premium bearings greatly extend bearing life, with same bearing style used on both sides of crankshaft. The mechanical integrity of Cat Pumps bearing design is unmatched in the industry.
- Matched oversized connecting rods are made of a special high-strength alloy, selected for its excellent castability and long term dimensional stability.
- Material blend provides excellent dampening capacity and vibration attenuation – excellent for connecting rod material.
- Hardened material and robust design reduces wear; no inserts or sleeves required in journal bearings.
- High tensile strength stainless steel with Zamak crossheads for strength and superior wear qualities.
- Guided plunger rod heads, traveling shorter stroke distances in oil flooded lubrication, create less wear than competitive designs.
- Crankcase crosshead section is concentric with 360° plunger rod support and features drilled-through oil port to lubricate front side of crosshead area.
- High-strength, lightweight die cast aluminum crankcase with splash oil design allows operation at speeds as low as 100 rpm.
- Two-coat electrostatic paint process provides a highly durable surface that is water and chemical resistant. Primer consists of a special synthetic resin; final coat is either blue epoxy or blue hammertone paint. Cat Pumps crankcase finish is superior to less expensive surface treatments, such as anodizing.
- Specially formulated, Cat Pumps exclusive high-pressure/V-Packing seal material and design offer unmatched seal life. Seals are 100% elastomeric for consistent high quality.
- Cat Pumps original 100% wet seal design adds to service life by allowing pumped liquid to pass from inlet side through a chamber to lubricate and cool the backside of the V-Packing and spring-side of low-pressure seal. No external lubrication or oilers required.
- A variety of optional seals/elastomers are available to handle special applications.
- Stainless steel valves, seats and springs provide corrosion resistance, positive seating and long life.
- Valves designed for fast and easy servicing.
- Valve clearances designed for low pressure loss, preventing cavitation and improving pump efficiency.
- Concentric, high-density, polished, solid ceramic plungers provide a true wear surface for industry-leading longest life.
- Graphite-impregnated surfaces provide lubrication and resistance to abrasion, reducing seal wear for long trouble-free operation.